Twitter is now the second biggest social network in the world right behind Facebook. With over 200 million users and growing, you'd be a fool to not have a twitter account as part of your marketing plan. I'm going to share some valid information on how you can make the most out of Twitter and offer some tips and valuable advice to get people clicking on your website.
1. You should have only one link to your website on your profile and not tweet and retweet your links. If people want to know what you are about, they would click on your link based on your tweets.
2. Don't tweet promotional offers. You don't want to come across as some spammer. If you should then do it with limitations.
3. Promote your Facebook page. This is extremely important. Social media is viral media. The more networks you have that are connected, the better your chances are gaining a following. Facebook is pretty much the KING of social networks so every now and then you should tweet a link to your Facebook page and get people to like it.
4. Tweet about what's going on in the news but only if it's interesting. Soon as you tweet something, it's almost gone and buried within all the other tweets from other users. You have to stand out and one of the best ways of doing that is posting news. I usually visit Google News, find something interesting that's going on and I tweet it. If it involves celebrities then it's even better.
5. Tweet motivational quotes. Some people on Twitter make posts about nonsense than nobody cares about. This is another way for you to stand out by tweeting something that's motivational. We all need inspiration and someone reading a tweet that contains an inspiring quote will definitely get people to check out your profile.
6. When someone follows you, send them a message and thank them. If you want to follow them back then that's your choice. Avoid putting any links in your message and don't use any automated software. That will get your account suspended.
If you are on Twitter then I suggest for you to start implementing these techniques. If you are not on Twitter then what are you waiting for? It's free to sign up and it's free traffic to your website.